PDA

View Full Version : What kind of tobacco do you roll your joints with?

Schmokey
02-02-2009, 12:16 PM
Ive been smoking for a while now but im not to sure what kind of tobacco i should use to get the best taste/flavour. Is there a difference or is there a special brand of cigs/ rolling tobacco that you guys prefer? Ive been using alot of rolling tobacco bcz its alot cheaper then cigs but tell me.. what do you guys roll your joints with?

Run4yourlife24x
02-02-2009, 12:18 PM
Well my friend always rolls with zig-zag brand tobacco. but honestly, you gotta find out when you like. It's all a personal preference.

Triple Perc
02-02-2009, 12:19 PM
unfortunitely, since i have good taste, i dont put tobacco near my green

campeazi
02-02-2009, 12:20 PM
first off , you may get a alot of flam in this thread but ignore it.

Now dont use rolling baccy in your joints, thats a mistake.

Any kind of normal cig will do, but not a full one, no no no! Half or not even half is more than enough. If you find it difficult to roll then just keep practicing.

There is no point using rolling tobacco, i can guess already that you put a ridiculous amount of baccy in it because it helps the rolling process. Get over that.

No more rolling baccy. Any kind of cig, it dosent matter because you wont notice the diffenrence because you are either using half or less than half.

take my advice!

Evil Dr HipHop
02-02-2009, 12:20 PM
I prefer to roll my spliffs with cigarettes instead of rolling baccy, you can't taste cigs in a spliff, with baccy you can taste it a bit (obviously the taste depends on how much weed you put in relative to baccy)

I use about 1cm of a cigarette in each spliff I make, sometimes a bit more depending on how big the spliff is.

Do you smoke cigarettes, if you do just try a few different brands and use the one which has the most mild taste, nothin too strong. Hope that helps =P

Dubconcious
02-02-2009, 12:22 PM
meh cigarettes are already bad for you. i smoke them but only the name-brand filtered ones. why not smoke regular ciggs and pot in your papers?

EDIT: i guess i missed the part that they are too expensive. whats the price difference?

mexweed
02-02-2009, 12:22 PM
tobacco in a joint is just culture in some places, I guess whatever kind you like

idk because I use my glass bong exclusively

Blue Sky
02-02-2009, 12:23 PM
Usually I'll pick up a 8th or a quarter and roll up about 9-11 joints out of it, regardless if it's either or, or what. I just use about 2/5 of a cig in two or three joints. i add in a little bit, and sometimes i use it to stretch out enough to roll with if im short, cause nothing sucks worse than rolling a pinner with 1.5s, oh the paper.

when im smoking man, it's all about the weed, and if i add tobacco it's just what's closest, i can even come close to distinguishing between different tobaccos within the weed aroma. if you add it, just add whatever, to me it's not even something to consider.

Blue Sky
02-02-2009, 12:26 PM
damn 3 people commented before i did. yeah everyone said like the same thing with slightly varing accounts of how much tobacco. just bust the end off of a cig, and if you don't smoke cigs, you should. it's good for you. mspot don't know what's up, she's a girl.

Dubconcious
02-02-2009, 12:35 PM
damn 3 people commented before i did. yeah everyone said like the same thing with slightly varing accounts of how much tobacco. just bust the end off of a cig, and if you don't smoke cigs, you should. it's good for you. mspot don't know what's up, she's a girl.

lol uh huh. and when i was coughing up blood in the mornings? but it deff wasnt the ciggs, it must of been all the head i give... you know - because im a girl

Vk luis Fc
02-02-2009, 12:54 PM
mix a bit of rolling tobacco with the weed, i love doing it. I find from cigarettes its a bit strong.

Illa Munk
02-02-2009, 01:03 PM
If you're gonna be like "Oooh tobacco and weed? That's gross! I don't do that! MEMEMEMEME" why post? Not to anyone in particular just to people considering it...

For me, usually, as I don't smoke tobacco apart from in joints, I just ask for a chip (a broken-off piece of cigarette, enough for a joint) from a friend, or if it's someone I don't want to know I'm using it for weed, I just ask for a cigarette. Obviously since I'm just getting it for free, I never moan about what cig it is, though off my mates it's usually a B&H Gold/Silver, or a Mayfair (yuck), sometimes Camels and Marlboros and shit tho. I usually go by half a cigarette to every 1g of weed, so 1/4 of a cig for a small joint, a whole cigarette for a big joint etc.

If I got a 3 pound to spare though, I'll buy a pack of Cutters Choice rolling tobacco. Rolling tobacco burns better, tastes less shitty and IS less shitty than cig tobacco. But it costs money on top of the weed, and goes dry and stuff, so it's more like a treat haha. When I have it I only need a lil pinch. IT'S BETTER THAN CIG TOBACCO THOUGH CAMPEAZI AND DR HIP HOP YOU SILLY CUNTS.

hamanator
02-02-2009, 01:10 PM
zig zag, bugler, or blunt guts if we're poor (it works, stfu).

However, if you REALLy want to enjoy that handrolled cigarette...throw some weed in there.

25/75 if you want more of a cigarette (25% weed, 75% tobacco..very nice for getting through a day when you need to be able to do shit)

or 75/25 if you want more of a spliff.

or 50/50 if you want it right down the middle.

This will also save you a shit ton of money in weed if you just smoke stuff like this all the time. I know at college this is basically all I smoke.

Oh, and just so you can enjoy the bud to the fullest, leave like 3/4 of an inch of straight up tobacco on the bottom where you puff on. That way you'll definitely smoke all the buddha and not waste any, and wont feel bad about just tossing tobacco, since roaches for these things are nasty. Definitely not something you can light up again.

Schmokey
02-02-2009, 01:53 PM
yeah i guess its a matter of preference... im gnna buy a few different kinds of tobacco and roll a few and see whats best thanks for the help im gnna go :bongtoke:

Stonergasm
02-02-2009, 02:31 PM
haven't smoked a spliff in soooo long!

usualy it's whatever cigarette someone has around them at the time. Occasionally a menthol but I don't make a habit.

In college we mostly smoked Camel Wides and Camel Filters so that's usually what got thrown into a spliff. Also Camel No.9

k420time
02-02-2009, 02:40 PM
really? people mix tobacco and bud?? that is one of the most insane things i have ever heard lol

what a way to ruin some good bud

Stonergasm
02-02-2009, 02:42 PM
it's not ruining it. it makes it different.

i smoke spliffs when i am looking for that type of high

blazeallday
02-02-2009, 02:58 PM
i dont personally like the flavor of mixing it like spliffs but some strawberry shiisha with some dank in a hookah is amazing

Povlovich
02-02-2009, 02:58 PM
The green kind... it's called cannabis.

Povlovich
02-02-2009, 02:59 PM
it's not ruining it. it makes it different.

i smoke spliffs when i am looking for that type of high
I'll admit, I've smoked a tobacco/weed joint before n I did like the high it gave me... sort of spacey... idk maybe thats cuz i like never smoke tobacco.

k420time
02-02-2009, 03:00 PM
word crookshank

blazeallday
02-02-2009, 03:01 PM
I'll admit, I've smoked a tobacco/weed joint before n I did like the high it gave me... sort of spacey... idk maybe thats cuz i like never smoke tobacco.

try a yeti popper
those give you a mad head rush

Povlovich
02-02-2009, 03:04 PM
try a yeti popper
those give you a mad head rush
ha ill look into it. ill be honest, one time when I had like a half bowl left, I was considering packing up like another fourth of the bowl with some tobacco so i could get a good high going, but i decided not to n just got a little buzzed.

campeazi
02-02-2009, 03:06 PM
really? people mix tobacco and bud?? that is one of the most insane things i have ever heard lol

there are cultures outside of the USA.

phail/

sexiibabygirl89
02-02-2009, 03:20 PM
there are many different types......you just have to try them all and decide which one you like best. personally i dont put tobacco in my joints. its all green :weedbaggy::gethigh:

InSchizzo
02-02-2009, 03:22 PM
Cherry Choice , or any other flavor that's not Grape.

http://www.mirtabaka.ru/images/Tabak/SigaretTabak/MacBaren/MacBaren-CherryChoice.jpg

Not true at all , I've been smoking joints with tobacco since the day I took my first hit , and so does everyone here.

the papasmoke
02-02-2009, 05:19 PM
a joints not a joint until it has some tabaccy in it.

and i use it from a cig

ill be damned if im going to buy rolling tabacco(as good as it is)

Nolz 10
02-02-2009, 05:29 PM
i used to batch t spot all the time but i just recently quit. I prefered Belmonts, they're so sweet smelling and smooth and made my hits so much better

Illa Munk
02-03-2009, 03:25 AM
I don't get how rolling with tobacco will save you money on weed. That means you're using less weed than usual, and that's bad. I don't do it to save money, half the weed I get is basically free anyway, I use tobacco because it gives a boom, slow, even burn, and despite what you may think, doesn't ruin the taste at all. If you have good stanky weed, it should 99% overpower the baccy.

You might think this is weird since I put baccy in joints, but I would NEVER EVER EVER put tobacco in a pipe/bong with my weed, that's just weird!

Evil Dr HipHop
02-03-2009, 12:29 PM
haven't smoked a spliff in soooo long!

Haha I find it funny how you guys differentiate between a "spliff" and a "joint". Over here its just a different word for the same thing. Don't matter if you call it a joint or a spliff, its got a lil baccy in it =P

Yeh well having a million different stupid names for weed like "beasters" and "headies", or smoking one bowl between several people instead of toking one bowl to yourself is one of the most insane things I've ever heard...... lol

Ruin good bud? how exactly? Maybe if you empty a whole pouch of burn or a 20 deck into a rizla, then yeh maybe haha.... if you use like 1/4 of a cigarette you don't even taste it.... And its not like putting in baccy somehow makes the weed worse lol. Some people enjoy the mix as well... =P

skypirate
02-03-2009, 03:24 PM
http://www.leshop.ch/images/ProductsBig/7613600002256.JPG

Parisienne Yellow all the way, baby. I always use it for my joints, but I ain't into putting tobacco into bongs.

fish
02-03-2009, 03:28 PM
I don't get how rolling with tobacco will save you money on weed. That means you're using less weed than usual, and that's bad. I don't do it to save money, half the weed I get is basically free anyway, I use tobacco because it gives a boom, slow, even burn, and despite what you may think, doesn't ruin the taste at all. If you have good stanky weed, it should 99% overpower the baccy.

You might think this is weird since I put baccy in joints, but I would NEVER EVER EVER put tobacco in a pipe/bong with my weed, that's just weird!

You know what does ruin the taste though?

Fucking flavored blunt wraps and papers. God I hate those. Ironically I have a joint right now that I'm saving for tomorrow rolled in one. Normally I'd never do this but my friend's swearing on this shit, like he literally put one in his mouth and chewed on it to show how 'good' it tastes. I've kinda tasted and it's alright, but regular papers are still better. I'm gonna see how it tastes with trees tomorrow.

Stonergasm
02-03-2009, 03:30 PM

QFT couldn't have said it better

Illa Munk
02-03-2009, 04:12 PM
Need to spread muh reps and fly away.

Pepper, I always ask people with Juicy Jays for a couple, and I just eat em, or lick the shit out of the gum, they taste so good. Never use em for joints tho lol

Xplicit_ATL
02-03-2009, 04:18 PM
I dont do spliffs.

---------------- Now playing: Andre Nickatina - Savage as Fuck (http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/andre+nickatina/track/savage+as+fuck) via FoxyTunes (http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/)

Tokestradadmus
02-03-2009, 05:14 PM
I put the cannabis tobacco in my joints......

Illa I've smoked joints with tobacco and I certainly don't agree the weed is the overpowering flavour, definitely the other way around. And the reason I feel it ruins it is because I don't like the taste of tobacco, I'd much rather smoke weed.

Illa Munk
02-03-2009, 05:34 PM
I put the cannabis tobacco in my joints......

Illa I've smoked joints with tobacco and I certainly don't agree the weed is the overpowering flavour, definitely the other way around. And the reason I feel it ruins it is because I don't like the taste of tobacco, I'd much rather smoke weed.

Prolly used a too high tobacco:weed ratio man, I rarely taste tobacco, unless I'm smoking hash (needs more tobacco) or standard quality weed (not oily=not smelly)

MidnightPolicy
02-03-2009, 05:55 PM
Honestly, I taper off with tobacco so I smoke all of the weed and can actually throw away the roach thats left. I only roll a spliff if I don't have enough weed to roll a J or I don't want to get completely blazed off my ass.

I use Natural Spirits tobacco because it at least has way less additives, although the concept is like watering down rat poison lol. meh whatever makes me feel better.

TheChevron
02-04-2009, 08:50 AM
I normally mix tobacco in whatever I'm using whether it be pieces or blunts. I use cigar tobacco though, I've never known whether it was good or not but I find it definitely had the best taste for me. I usually get some swisher sweets and put in probably only a third of the dope I use. Little flavor change, I like it, don't really know if its good or not.

PoppinCone
02-04-2009, 09:19 PM
There is nothing wrong with a Spliff.
Marley would agree.

Vk luis Fc
02-04-2009, 09:44 PM
my english friend brought back this one brand of tobacco they sell there, totally forgot the name but it was the bomb shit

i love english tobacco

CHRONZILLA
02-04-2009, 10:05 PM
I keep my joints green never let tobacco touch them.
:gethigh:

brownies2233
02-04-2009, 10:07 PM
clove tobacco. best kind. really adds a nice flavor to you jay

PoppinCone
02-05-2009, 12:42 AM
Ultralight cigs, or lights. dont need much, jus enuf to keep it burnin longa

Illa Munk
02-05-2009, 09:34 AM
So a spliff means you put tobacco in it, eh?

For me, a joint or a spliff is the same thing, weed with tobacco.

A purie or a blunt is pure weed. I also call actual blunts blunts too.

I don't do it for the flavour, I prefer the flavour of weed, I use the least flavoursome baccy possible.

GreenLadyOfDankDowns
02-07-2009, 12:50 AM
These days I prefer pure weed, but back when I was a new smoker and trying to stretch my stash, I always mixed with part of a Newport. I just really liked that minty back-bite. I will tell you one thing I discovered. Never try whiskey cured pipe tobacco. I coughed up both lungs and felt like I was going to die the one time I tried that.

PoppinCone
02-07-2009, 10:43 AM
Nottin wrong with bacco in your joints, doesn't make you less of a stoner. Marley would agree. It burns better an longer too

Jacoblikesbud
02-07-2009, 01:09 PM
Fuck tabbaco
that said i have tryed molers which are weed/tabbaco bowls in the chong and Tops tabbaco was ok, for tabbaco...

Evil Dr HipHop
02-07-2009, 03:16 PM
^^ why would you do bowls with tobacco in???

In Europe we smoke our spliffs with a bit of baccy in... not with bongs an bowls n shit lol, thats raw.

yummy_brownies
02-07-2009, 03:35 PM
I smoke cigarettes, namely mayfair superkings. So i'll get about 1cm of the tobacco in the cigarette and use it. It burns slower, tastes perfectly fine.

In the past, when I first started smoking I used Golden Virginia tobacco, or Drum tobacco, but I noticed it really actually did fuck with the taste.

Alot of people I've spoken to in the past from places like USA tell me that it ruins the high, but if It did I wouldn't do it lol.

Evil Dr HipHop
02-07-2009, 03:48 PM
^^ Mayfair superkings.....? raw lol

I use the same as u tho man, 1cm off the top of a cigarette is enough to make it burn better and longer, without being able to taste it =P

yummy_brownies
02-07-2009, 04:00 PM
^^ Mayfair superkings.....? raw lol

I use the same as u tho man, 1cm off the top of a cigarette is enough to make it burn better and longer, without being able to taste it =P

exaclty. Then I either smoke the rest of the cigarette afterwards, or save it for the next zoot.

jimbojones
02-07-2009, 04:14 PM
fuck tobacco. the only reason why it's legal is so kids can look cool

Evil Dr HipHop
02-07-2009, 04:33 PM

Obviously....

jimbojones
02-07-2009, 04:35 PM
Obviously....oh i also forgot all the medical benefits of it. all postive, no negatives

Illa Munk
02-07-2009, 05:01 PM
Tobacco's dumb. But I smoke, what, 3, 4 spliffs a day? That's about 1 cigarette a day (if you add up the tobacco), and I'm pretty healthy apart from that, not to mention the wonders of THC.

I'm not a cig smoker, but I do know that mayfairs are absolutely disgusting, I'm just getting em off people in the street and shit, surely I can find some Bensons or something lol.

Evil Dr HipHop
02-08-2009, 05:42 AM
oh i also forgot all the medical benefits of it. all postive, no negatives

lol the "..." was meant to imply a heavy amount of sarcasm but that obviously failed.

Tobacco has been around for hundreds of years and is definately not only around so "kids can look cool". You realise you can (and people do) say exactly the same about weed right? or any other drug...

yummy_brownies
02-08-2009, 06:48 AM

Of course.

Heck, I started smoking cigarettes cuz I thought it looked cool. Now I just enjoy smoking in general..

$_Trill Chamberlain_$
02-08-2009, 07:51 AM
ahh...good ole' ciggaweed.:lick:

jimbojones
02-08-2009, 08:40 AM
lol the "..." was meant to imply a heavy amount of sarcasm but that obviously failed.

Tobacco has been around for hundreds of years and is definately not only around so "kids can look cool". You realise you can (and people do) say exactly the same about weed right? or any other drug...i don't smoke weed to look cool. it helps my back

Illa Munk
02-08-2009, 10:29 AM
Pills could help your back.

Fair enough weed helps you medically, but you don't smoke weed thinking "This will stop my back pain" you think "This will help my back pain, and make me feel fucking amazing"

I reckon every medical user of cannabis uses it recreationally for the other effects too.

PoppinCone
02-08-2009, 08:51 PM
It helps with sore muscles for sure. It helps for people who work out alot, or do alot of manual work at their jobs.

InSchizzo
02-11-2009, 06:47 AM
If you use it after you work out , yes it's a good way of relaxing and makes you hungry which is good because you have to eat after every workout ( if you're trying to gain muscle-weight not lose weight ) but if you smoke before working out that's quite unhealthy for your heart.