PDA

View Full Version : easy/low-maintenance strains (for outdoors)?

freetohide
03-26-2011, 11:45 PM
sorry if this has been posted already... the "search" function on here kinda isn't so good. :/

anyway, what are the easier/lower-maintenance strains to grow (outdoors)?

thanks in advance for the help. :)

B.C Craven
03-27-2011, 01:12 AM
The blue berry, the diesel is also great. Super bud is nice all so. The best one I heard is the taxaida time warp look up, that one its rare though.

freetohide
03-27-2011, 01:51 AM
thanks so much, Gramps and B.C Craven. :D
anyone else who has suggestions, please keep them coming. :)

also, do you prefer to buy feminized, regular seeds, or both? (I would assume feminized would be easier, but would it be less cost-effective in the long run since you'd have to keep buying again and again instead of using seeds from your own plants you've harvested?)

astrosmoke
03-27-2011, 02:01 AM
you can clone your femal plants indefinitely

astrosmoke
03-27-2011, 05:00 AM
i read it, grandpa

MrStoner
03-27-2011, 10:51 AM
i heard lowryder was easy to grow
http://www.cannabis-seeds-bank.co.uk/pick-and-mix-lowryder-seeds/cat_196.html

neogitus
03-27-2011, 11:54 AM
Pinewarp is apparently high yielding and very low maint... 3lb + plant but I'm assuming the quality isn't the greatest though...been bred specifically for outdoors in canada

B.C Craven
03-27-2011, 12:44 PM
Try bubble gum out door it get's Huge and colorful, I grew one at my buddy's house a few years back. It was red, purple, orange, shit was nice get those seeds you won't be sorry.

Tokestradadmus
03-28-2011, 03:33 PM
Sweet Tooth is a great outdoor strain, great yield, great taste/smell and very potent.

freetohide
04-28-2011, 05:39 PM
would any of you get either of these (with the conditions I stated in my original post)?:

well, I'm guessing Gramps would say yes to this since he did mention it: http://www.cannabis-seeds-bank.co.uk/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=738 (Sour Diesel, feminized, from Medical Seeds, via The Attitude seed bank)

but what about this?: http://www.cannabis-seeds-bank.co.uk/nirvana-seeds/nirvana-seeds-feminized/nirvana-seeds-ice-feminized/prod_937.html (Ice, feminized, from Nirvana Seeds, via The Attitude seed bank)

thanks again, y'all. :]

EDIT: oops, I meant to say Gramps would be okay with Ice since he mentioned it, not Sour Diesel.

freetohide
04-28-2011, 07:13 PM
nice. :D

but it's so expensive (considering I'm jobless at the moment). that's why I also posted the Sour Diesel, since that's only 9.99 (~$16.53). the Ice is 24.99 (~$41.35). so that's why I wanted a second opinion on the Sour Diesel.
but thanks for confirming the Ice. ^^

SwampGrower
04-28-2011, 09:59 PM
If you want low maintenance outdoors i would stick with mostly indica strains. Most skunk strains would be good as well, i grew a sleeskunk last year which is a skunk#1 crossed with a sativa and it was my most vigorous strain, it was bug resistant as well. Sensi Seeds has a strain called Early Skunk that i bet would do great! This year outdoors im going to put out some clones of The Black from BC Bud Depot, im hoping this mostly indica strain does well outdoors.

If you live in a warmer climate you can grow some strain's more on the sativa side but remember the longer the plant has to grow the more problems that can arise. Good luck on your grow, you better make a grow journal here on the WF!

freetohide
04-29-2011, 03:06 AM
who does Sleeskunk? (the seeds?) I want to see if I can find it on Attitude, but I can only search with brands or by qualities (indoor/outdoor, sativa/indica/hybrid, regular/feminized, etc.)

is this the Early Skunk you speak of?: http://www.cannabis-seeds-bank.co.uk/sensi-seeds/sensi-seeds-feminized/sensi-seeds-limited-edition-early-skunk-feminized/prod_794.html more expensive, dammit. :/

I would tell you about the climate where I live, but that would give things away. :P

tell me how The Black works. :]

and if I do end up growing, I'll try to keep a grow journal.

EDIT: also, any opinions on this? just because it was on the front page of Attitude and it seems cheap. http://www.cannabis-seeds-bank.co.uk/ufo-1-g13-labs-purple-haze-feminized/prod_3368.html

freetohide
05-02-2011, 01:44 PM
freetohide, the second you posted here you broadcast your location unless you used a IP/proxy scrambler. I'm a paranoid stoner, so I'll save you the trouble before you get too far. They don't give a shit about us. But anyway, thought you should know. If you wanna be totally stealth, it takes money and lots of inconvenience.

I also wanted to point out that Swamp is an awesome outdoor grower with a lot more experience than me...fucker knows his shit, so I'd listen to him about outdoor low-maint.

Gramps, I know (and unfortunately, I don't have a scrambler - do you know how I can get one? I know of them, but I'm not experienced, so I don't know much about them). but thanks for the heads-up.
I wish I had money. :( I hate being jobless.

I liked Swamp's advice, I'm just saying the seeds are expensive considering my current budget. I will go with his advice/the seeds he recommended if I get a job and/or more money, though.

freetohide
05-02-2011, 06:53 PM
so on the negative side, I currently have less money than I thought I did. :/
on the positive side, it's almost my birthday. hopefully, I get some money. *fingers crossed* :)
after my birthday, I can update you all on if I have enough money to get Ice or even Early Skunk. wish me luck ^^

freetohide
05-12-2011, 06:36 PM
so before ordering the seeds (I did get enough money for Early Skunk, at least if it stays the same price - thanks, SwampGrower), I was thinking of getting a PO Box, but I'm not sure if it's worth it since I'm not growing at my house.
is it worth it?
also, if I did get a PO Box, I'd want to know which size to get (how big is the package or whatever they send it in from The Attitude).
(also, should I post this in a different place on these forums?)
thanks. :)

weaponzero
05-12-2011, 09:23 PM
Just thought i would pop in and put my 2 cents in this thread, I have ordered multiple times from attitude, Rhino seeds, and SSC, and all 3 were perfect everytime, SSC is great for seeds on a budget http://www.worldwide-marijuana-seeds.com/products/sativa-seedbank-blackberry

This link is to Blackberry by Sativa seeds, great seeds, great weight, and decent smoke, and since u can get seeds one at a time from SSC you can get 4 or 5 different strains, contrary to popular belief most strains are easy to grow, just try to stay away from whites (they produce heavy but to the unexperienced they can have issuses if u dont know what to look for) and like swamp said sativas are usually harder to get perfect, remember you are growing a weed, a weed i might add that grows in allmost any climate what you are trying to do is just grow it bigger and better. I would take a look at SSC, they have some cool deals, i usually try to get somthing that comes with some free seeds (even if they are autoflower, nothing wrong with free autoflowers)

fire child
05-12-2011, 10:28 PM
As far as ordering the seeds to your house, it's really not that big of a deal. Especially if you live in a MMJ state.

Find out if the company will mail to your post office General Delivery. You have to find out which office in your area accepts general delivery, & you have to show up to claim the item within 10 days (which can mean checking several times a week until it arrives), & show your I.D.

freetohide
05-12-2011, 10:46 PM
...it's really not that big of a deal. Especially if you live in a MMJ state.

I wish.

Find out if the company will mail to your post office General Delivery. You have to find out which office in your area accepts general delivery, & you have to show up to claim the item within 10 days (which can mean checking several times a week until it arrives), & show your I.D.

The Attitude is where I was thinking of ordering from, so I guess I can check if they do that.
I would be nervous about doing that, though. I mean, you have to show your ID.
plus it reminds me of the time when I studied abroad, no one at the school bothered to pick up the package my parents had sent me like they were supposed to, it was held in the post office (and once again, no one bothered to tell me), and then sent back to my parents. it cost them over $30 for them to send a package to me and have it returned to them.
ugh.
but I might consider that, if The Attitude does it. but I'm not in a MMJ state, so it is a bigger deal than if I were.

weaponzero
05-13-2011, 02:49 AM
Its not a bigger deal at all if your not in a MMJ state, its federally illegal to germinate MJ seeds anywhere in the US, but its not illegal to posses the seeds and they wont come after you for ordering them cause all you have to say is someone else ordered them in your name and you came to the post office to find out what package was delivered in your name. Personally i would just get it sent to your house mail box, they package that stuff in very bland packaging so its all good.

freetohide
05-13-2011, 12:21 PM
I have ordered them, yay. :D thanks, y'all.

how long does it usually take to get from The Attitude to the USA?

order details:

Shipping Method: INTERNATIONAL EXPRESS
Crush Proof Tins
T-SHIRT XL (for stealth - I got it XL for a good friend, I don't need any more shirts, and this was the cheapest Stealth method)

Order Inventory:
Product: Sensi Seeds Limited Edition Early Skunk Feminized
Options: Feminized Seeds Per Pack - 05 Seeds
Quantity: 1
Price: $50.41

Product: UFO#2 Dinafem Seeds California Hash Plant
Product Code: free seed
Price: $0.00

Product: UFO#1 Dinafem Seeds White Siberian
Product Code: FREE SEED
Price: $0.00

anyone know anything about UFO#2 Dinafem Seeds California Hash Plant and UFO#1 Dinafem Seeds White Siberian?

weaponzero
05-13-2011, 03:44 PM
Shipping time can take anywhere from a week to 5 weeks depending on customs, and as for Dinafem seeds, i have read nothing but good things about them so they at least seem cool.

freetohide
05-23-2011, 04:15 PM
my seeds and shirt came today!! thanks, everyone. :D

fire child
05-23-2011, 05:33 PM
This is so cool. Did you have them shipped to a friend or what?

freetohide
05-23-2011, 05:36 PM
This is so cool. Did you have them shipped to a friend or what?
I had them shipped to me, but I'm not growing on my property.

fire child
05-23-2011, 05:38 PM
Good to know they showed up safe.

freetohide
05-23-2011, 05:43 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v243/angstypenguin/Photoon2011-05-23at1642.jpg

let's see how long that actually stays up on Photobucket, lol. although my pipe pictures there are still up.

Michael
05-23-2011, 06:56 PM
Good luck!