PDA

View Full Version : Someone please help solve a small problem and get me closer to smoking my own buds!=D

jpatches
10-16-2011, 03:16 AM
I'm soon to be a first time grower and I'm very much looking forward to the day.
I've been doing research and everything and I've come across a small problem.
I'll be growing in a closet of a somewhat old house and there are no three prong wall outlets. I could get a two to three prong wall converter if I find them, then run an extension chord to the lights.. I could also try to rewire and ground the outlet, but I'm no electrician.
So, I'm wondering: does anyone know of any solid two prong lights, or have experience with flourescents with two prongs? They are mostly, if not all, three pronged -correct?
Any insight would be much appreciated!
Happy toking, all.

GingerGanja
10-16-2011, 03:35 AM
You could just change the outlet, its pretty easy to do. Just remember to kill the electricity first

jpatches
10-16-2011, 03:28 PM
I could, but I'm a little wary of being shocked for one. Also, it's an old house and the last thing I want to do is start a fire in the wall. I've heard some sad tales of this happening. Thanks though.

Matix20
10-16-2011, 05:11 PM
Get someone to help you change the outlet. It is simple. If this problem is too hard to solve, I'd hate to see the buds that come out of that closet.

jpatches
10-18-2011, 09:43 PM
Get someone to help you change the outlet. It is simple. If this problem is too hard to solve, I'd hate to see the buds that come out of that closet.

Get someone to help you change the outlet. It is simple. If this problem is too hard to solve, I'd hate to see the buds that come out of that closet."

Wow. Well then, thanks for the "insight". Ya know, there's a huge difference between planting, caring for, and harvesting weed compared to working with electricity. Shocking, I know.
Also, botany is something I enjoy and study. I'm not a damn technician, I don't work with electricty and I'd rather not risk blasting myself with 1000 volts or starting a fire.
I'll take another look into it, maybe it will be easier than I think. But right now, I'm thinking that everyone who has posted on this thread thus far hasn't answered my question.
What I see is that I'll need a few tools I don't have (among them a voltage tester - ), someone there to mke sure nothing goes wrong and to give a helping hand, a bunch of flimsy do it yourself electrical work on a house that A) isn't mine, and B) may be to old to have a ground wire at all! I don't know how much I would trust my wire workings, and I'd rather not. Hopefully this explains my situation and concerns a little more.
Anyways, I'll figure it out the old fashioned way. Without help from internets peoples.

GingerGanja
10-19-2011, 12:02 AM
Being an ass doesn't help, but it is appreciated

astrosmoke
10-19-2011, 05:19 AM
no, he cant simply change the outlet, he needs to upgrade the wiring in his house for ground