Herbies Seeds
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bud Density

Thanks

Default Bud Density

is there anything a grower can do to increase the density of their bud when they grow? or is it just something to do with genetics that cant be changed?
    if anyone can help out with some answers, that would be great.

thanks,
    P.fooker

A thin layer of biological paint on a rock in space
    Thanks

Genetics is the main factor, also via personal tests I have noticed that Metal Halide lighting will create tighter denser buds whereas High Pressure Sodium Lights tend to create hairier fluffier buds. Also, optimal nutrients and conditions will create a larger bud mass. (I use a bud booster from Fox Farms called "Cha Ching" and it works like a champ) Hope that helps.
    “Life itself is just a thin coat of paint on the planet, and we hold the paintbrush.” Daniel C. Dennett

Hold yours like you give a shit about your progeny.

Thanks

you can also add CO2 to the mix
    but for insane buds i use DNF a&b for flowering followed by Dr.thorbury's big bud

need i say more?

http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/130/l_97cf92a4f7e14228b29d73ab18668b8a.jpg

Yeti Pentathlon Champion Spear Toss Champion
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,424 Times in 3,992 Posts

Light intensity also improves bud density. This doesn't mean more bulbs or bigger bulbs though. The further away a bulb is, the less intense the light is. Bigger bulbs produce more intense light, but you need to keep them further away, and by the time the light gets to the plant it may not be as intense as light from a smaller bulb that is closer.

Thanks to Hisdudeness300 for the signature

"Marijuana does cause hysteria - in those who oppose its use"
    -Dr. Lester Grinspoon

Check us out on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube

http://www.facebook.com/WeedForums

https://twitter.com/WeedForums420

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRealWeedForums

Thanks

awesome, thanks for the info. im just tryin to learn as much as i can cuz i think im going to start my first opp sooner or later. nice plant too k420, looks legit

Thanks

jdm... i'm not sure about that DNF stuff but big bud and products like that just add sugar into the water... The buds absorb the sugar and when you dry it the sugar remains...All it does as far as I know is make the buds heavier. No point in that if the weed's for you

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PureHaze View Post
    jdm... i'm not sure about that DNF stuff but big bud and products like that just add sugar into the water... The buds absorb the sugar and when you dry it the sugar remains...All it does as far as I know is make the buds heavier. No point in that if the weed's for you
    :wtf: huh?

Thanks

lol this is what i've been told about "Big Bud" and "Buddy" and all those bud growth products:

These products contain sugars in a form that plants can absorb. The plants absorb the sugar into their buds when flowering. When you dry out the buds the sugar will not evaporate with the water.

Just like when you leave saltwater for a few days in a bowl and the water evaporates but leaves the salt behind.

The result of this is buds FILLED with sugar after they've been dried out. It may look like THC but definately isn't. Ever bought some weed and thought that there were too many crystals at the bottom of the bag?

This is what i've been told by someone that sells the stuff in a hydroponics store. So basically it's for people who are dealing and want to double their weight...

pure haze

+ Reply to Thread