Autoflowering Seeds
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wilting plant, dry and curled leaves, PLEASE HeLp

Thanks

Unhappy Wilting plant, dry and curled leaves, PLEASE HeLp

So, i have a plant, Utopia Haze, about 4 months old, about 1,90m high, growing in a 10 liter bucket under 400 watt sodium light. Well i have 2 plants but the second one is not too much effected by this, may be very, very little. Well then, the process started perhaps 2 weeks ago, maybe little longer, and from bushy, my plant went to crap. It looks wilted. Leaves feel dry and some of them are curled downwards. Pictures show this. Its worse at the top, but the whole plant is affected by this. plant grew and is still growing under the sodium lamp, master son-t pia green power, which has the light spectrum beneficial for plant growth, however, I read that this light "lengthens" the plant. I thought that the plant has problems delivering water to the top so I started to water it, perhaps excessively. Soil became water logged, wet to pressing finger. The bucket with the plant has holes in it so water can run off. Watering did not help, so put the bucket with the plant, in a bigger bucket filled with water, so plant could suck all the water it needed through the holes in the bucket. That lasted for maybe 3 days and nothing happened, actually plant is worse. Roots are ok, I checked, they are nice and white, at least at the top soil. I did not want to excessively hurt the plant by pulling its roots out of soil so I only checked the top 4 cm. So now I think that its lack of nutrients because leaves are dry and there are some very dry and brownish/grayish areas on some leaves. Well, please look at the pictures, a picture is worth a thousand words. Please advise on what could this problem be. Thank you for all answers, all help.
    Attached Images

Thanks

Default hi

What nutrients are you using? are you ajusting ph of the water? whats the temperature of the room that your growing? next time try to keep your plants shorter than 2 meters as the light is more efficent with shorter plants (1m). Try and grow mayb 9 plants for a 400w light in 1sqm and you will get much morebud.

Thanks

Your post is a bit all over the place man. From the the words you chose to express the problem, ie, I first thought this and tried this for 3 days... then it didn't work so I tried this... All of those Ideas might have worked if you stuck with one and given them time to respond. Number one rule is don't panic. No matter your time investment, or money, as long as your space is secure you can start again. You always throw out the first batch of pancakes anyways, but from a burnt, or in your case waterlogged, batch you can chalk it up to experience and correct your endeavors moving forward.

Now for my advice. It's crucial that you are checking you Ph. Plants in soil should be around 7. The first signs of leaves curling under, like an upside down canoe, or an eagles claw means there is a nitrogen overdose. What light cycle were they/are they on? Plants use a lot of nitrogen up to the 3rd or fourth week of flowering, or until they stop stretching. If you continued to give plants a veg dose after that point this could have happened. If you haven't started the 12/12 photo period, I'd guess that you have a problem with salt buildup or Ph imbalance. Regardless, in soil, your plants need a few days to adjust. I'd never recommend anyone trying to solve a problem with more fertilizer. Marijuana needs so little food to flourish. Just remember to keep it balanced, don't over feed, and always flush with plenty of water.

All the best,

Thanks

over feeding maybe? try flushing your soil and 400 watt for 1 plant seems a little low

Paul B Guest

Quote Originally Posted by schooley69 View Post
    over feeding maybe? try flushing your soil and 400 watt for 1 plant seems a little low
    400 W seems low for one plant? What planet are you on? 400W is more than enough for one plant, so is 150W, they won't produce the same results but they're both more than enough. For an inexperienced grower like yourself, well it looks like your inexperienced by the light comment, you shouldn't be giving advice if THAT'S the advice your gonna give........I have 550W for 4 plants, try telling me that's not enough. If you don't think that's enough then go look at my journals..........

Thanks
    Thanked 2,170 Times in 1,058 Posts

haha 450 is tonnes for one plant. Your plant looks stressed. This may be due to over watering, pH imbalance inhibiting nutrient uptake and burning the root hair follicles, or a combination. It looks like its an over watering problem. Over watering forces valuable ambient oxygen in the soil out, this oxygen is required for uptake processes. Those intense drooping leaves are a huge indicator.

Science adjusts its views based on what's observed, Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved.

BILL HICKS (Dec. 19 1961-Feb 26 1994)

Thanks

thank you very much for all of your replies. i have to admit that i am an inexperienced grower. by now i have found out that i do have root rot in the bigger plant, the one that i wrote about originally. i bought an anti-fungal chemical with extremely difficult to pronounce ingredients. made a solution a dipped the roots in it. then changed the soil in the pot. shook out as much soil as i could from the plant roots and pulled some of the rotted roots out. i put the plant back int he pot and poured some of the solution on the top. it seemed to help a little, because the top of the plant got greener (fresh green of new growth) but new leaves are curling few days after developing. shit. plus, i bought a ph meter, but its shitty(i'm in poland, very limited supplies) and ph of the "old" soil is like 4. so i bought calcium stuff, 85%CaCO3 + 3%MgCO3, its in pellets. i dissolved some of them (maybe a small handful) in warm boiled water and poured it on the old soil around the stalk of the plant. it seems that i have few problems going at once. i hope the plant will survive this. once again thank you for all your replies and i hope that i will get more info from you all now that i gave more info about the health of my plant.

Thanks

oh, and i forgot to write about the light cycle. they, 2 plants, were on 20 hour cycle, one 400 watt sodium lamp, 1m2 of space 2m high. bulb was moved as plants grew. now i have plant and a month old 15cm high clone there. since my plants don't feel so well, i give them more room to breath now and changed the light cycle to 6 hours of dark, 18 hr light. i moved out the "big" plant from the room. she is on "outside" light cycle, as our present weather provides. daylight through a window, some sunlight. smaller plant is sill in the room. her leaves feel dry and some of the ends are curling up. after checking ph, i put some of the same dissolved calcium staff in the soil, today was a good time since the soil was pretty dry on top.
    and what is the best water to water plants with? tap after chlorine goes out? cold boiled water?

+ Reply to Thread