The Kind Pen
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lucid Dreaming / Screaming

Thanks

Default Lucid Dreaming / Screaming

Ok so like 3 months ago in my Psychology class, my teacher taught me about Lucid Dreaming. Basically you can control what is happening in your dreams. He said to enter this state of mind, one would have to induce extreme thoughts of believing the fact that you will dream before you go to sleep. So for those past 3 months, every night of the week, I have been going to bed thinking "I will dream, I will dream, I will dream." And last night,...it happened.

This morning around 4 a.m. , I woke up thirsty. I went to the kitchen, got a drink, then back to bed. When I got back into the bed I began to think once again "I will dream, I will dream, I will dream." Then the most messed up shit happened in my life.. A frightening scream rung throughout my house and for some damn reason, I could not move for the life of me to try to run away from god only knows what that noise came from. After like 10 seconds the scream stopped and I was released from the grip of whatever the hell it was. I WAS AWAKE THE WHOLE TIME!!

So the next morning I go online to search up my story. I come about the term "sleep paralysis." Once I read up on that, I came to realize what had really happened.

The sleep paralysis was caused by the Lucid Dreaming concept.
    I not only fooled my mind into thinking I was completely awake, I fooled it into locking up my whole entire body for 10 seconds and refusing me to control it.

The scream and the grip like effects were just a hallucination once again made up by my mind.

SO DAMN SKETCHY!!!

MORAL OF THE STORY!!

Don't smoke that good before you go to bed.

2. The Following 2 Stoners Say Thank You To nick11202 For This Useful Post:

FemaleStoner (04-24-2011), MoneyMayweather (04-24-2011)

Thanks

hahah, sounds fun as hell. I want to control one so damn bad

Thanks

feeling paralyzed is a trigger for lucid dreaming, there is a few others ive read about but i cant remember them all, personally i always feel paralyzed. ive heard from a friend that he can trigger it by hitting a lightswitch (in his dream) and the light doesnt turn on. i think all you need to trigger it is to have something impossible happen so that you realize your dreaming without waking up.

5. The Following Stoner Says Thank You To craigmile For This Useful Post:

astrosmoke (11-02-2011)

Thanks

i still dont see what the big deal is with just controlling your dream...he said in order to do it you MUST do that before you sleep?
    dann is my bff

tony knows how i feel

Quote Originally Posted by Sigur Rós View Post
    I thought you were from like, Botswana, or something?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,696 Times in 1,485 Posts

maybe not "i will dream" repeated over and over, but lucid dreaming is something that is both awesome and frightening, something id rather not test myself

Quote Originally Posted by BUDDHA5280 View Post
    i would jump off the highest place that had people below and land on someone as i die

Thanks
    Thanked 1,519 Times in 851 Posts

Lucid dreaming is awesome when you can do it. I rarely ever can actually control my dreams. Last time it happened is right after a nice t-break I smoked a ton of really good nugget and then passed out while trying not to sleep. I started dreaming but realized I was dreaming because I did not want to be asleep. Then after I was aware of the situation at hand I had a blast for what felt like just a few minutes before I couldn't keep it and then I woke up to an infomercial for HD sunglasses.

Like Craig said I'm pretty sure the people that are "good" at lucid dreaming have some sort of trigger to set it off. I don't even know how to obtain such a thing but would like to know. Right now it only happens when I am fighting falling asleep and lose the fight. To the OP: that sounds absolutely terrifying. I think I would think that my house had a poltergeist or I was being possessed or something. That would not be cool with me.
    "Anything we don't like about ourselves, we declare war on it. We don't do anything about it, we just declare war. "Declaring war" is our only public metaphor for problem solving. We have a war on crime, a war on poverty, a war on hate, a war on litter, a war on cancer, a war on violence, and Ronald Reagan's ultimate joke, the war on drugs. More accurately, the war on the constitution."-George Carlin RIP

Thanks

When ever i smoke i can feel my body going to sleep and I can lucid dream very easy. The only problem I have is staying focused on being awake, i slip in and out of reality. I find myself walking around my house normally when something crazy happens. One night I thought i woke up and walked out on my deck looked around and saw the whole sky turn reddish orange. Turned on the news and saw nukes were hitting all the major cities in the US. Then there was a bright flash and then I woke up for real. Almost gave me a heart attack thats for sure.
    -----------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------

Thanks
    Thanked 6,923 Times in 3,690 Posts

sleep paralysis and lucid dreaming take place in completely seperate stages of sleep, (nREM and REM, respectively), and they're different things.. tho i've never heard of screaming as part of a sleep paralysis experience.. i've heard of old women sitting on the sufferer's chest, alien visitations, ghosts, demons, feeling as if you're flying around the world at great speed, but never screaming .. .. in any case i'm glad it was you and not me
    Sleep is comfortable, but awakening is interesting
    - Inayat Khan

What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have yet to be discovered
    - R W Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by Señor Ramos View Post
    IMO, if there's pussy on the field, play ball.
    Quote Originally Posted by Green0nDaGreen View Post
    you have no idea what I am, im from Heaven, if you guys read what i've been posting you will understand.

Marihuana influences Negroes to look at white people in the eye, step on white men's shadows and look at a white woman twice
    - W R Hearst

11. The Following Stoner Says Thank You To bakayurei_ranma For This Useful Post:

Sleeping Fish (11-04-2011)

Thanks

i've had a really freaky lucid dream myself once. i was just chillin in my bed, thinking i was awake when i got up and walked out of my bedroom door to a whole nother world it was crazy. the freaky thing about it though was after that dream, i was laying in my bed again. and for the second time i thought i was awake and walked out the door to ANOTHER crazy world. this happened for a third time but the third time i walked out my door there i was in the middle of a warzone with bombs and shit going off and people running around with chain saws. and i was completely aware that i was dreaming the entire time. fuckin crazy
    ....wanna get high?

Thanks

i used to practice lucid dreaming an stuff.... i got a couple. one i can remember was at this big house at night and i was with my friend, and when i realized i was dreaming i decided to fly haha why the hell not? sadly, it only lasted what seamed to be like 10 seconds before i woke up..

+ Reply to Thread