Weed Seed Shop
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: E-Cigs and a Glycerin THC Tincture

Thanks

Default E-Cigs and a Glycerin THC Tincture

So I was bored tonight, and decided to try to smoke oil using my e-cig, just to see if it would work. Mabey breath a little life back in to it, I bought it to get me through Canadian airports, and mabey quit cigs all together, while it does get me though airports, I'm still smoking cigs, could not find the right juice, so this thing just sits.

The oil I had was a little green for my liking, but its all I got tonight, was way to thick and would just clog the atmoizer, so I mixed it with a little PG to thin it out( would have rather used glycerin but don't got any right now), took a toke, and I can honestly say that it was the most satisfying puff I have ever got off that e-cig. It did not taste the best, but that was because of the greeny oil. But I thought this is definatly worth looking in to though, cause I was really stoned, that was a couple of hours ago, and I finally leveled out enough to write this tread.

Anybody else ever try this? Tommorrow I plan on making a glycerin THC tincture, anybody ever done this? Any tips/thoughts?
    Last edited by Mattyg; 03-06-2012 at 11:41 PM.
    I used to smoke pot, I still do, but I used to, too.

2. The Following Stoner Says Thank You To Mattyg For This Useful Post:

Rollin Stoned (02-10-2013)

Thanks

In case anybody cares, I made this today, and while it does get me stoned, the taste remindes me of the smell of cooking weed butter, gross. So I think I will stick to my traditional vaporizor. Back in the drawer the e-cig goes, I was never too keen on inhaling pg or vg anyways.

I double boiled the mixture, then strained it, here's the pics, the most satisfing e-juice I ever made, it just tastes like blah..

Thanks

My friend has like, four e-cigs. We should try it.. but doesn't tincture take like years to make (a month)

^^^This one is obnoxious, but in a different way.^^^

"Imagine no possesions, I wonder if you can, No need for greed or hunger, A brotherhood of man. Imagine all the people Sharing all the world. "
    -John Lennon

Toke on, my brothers.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 7relos View Post
    My friend has like, four e-cigs. We should try it.. but doesn't tincture take like years to make (a month)
    A cold tintcure takes about that long, I made mine in a double boiler for like 3 hours, I sure it would have been more potent had I left it on longer. But I'm impatient, and that topic is still up for debate, I say 1-3 hours is fine at that temp(you can make weed butter in 30 min), and this was just to see what it was like, it tasted kind of gross. I think a better way to do it, would be to take regular oil and thin it with either pg or vg. No matter how you do it, I think smoking weed the traditional way will always be better. I suppose you could make a tintcure out of scrap weed though, I used buds(won't be doing that again) I would have rather smoked them, but it was worth the try, this shit definatly works, it just tastes like weed butter smells, not very good, mabey I will try to add some flavoring, I will probably reck it and make it completly unpalatable.

Thanks

if you dont smoke cigs can e cigs get you addicted at all since there is a minimal amount of nic in some? im thinking about getting one cuz im taking a tolerance break and its going to be kindof hard not smoking weed
    Chillaxitives . . . so you can chill on the go.

Thanks

You can't get addicted to e-cigs... you can get addicted to nicotine, which you have the choice of putting in e-cigs, but he's talking about just substituting juice for tincture.

8. The Following Stoner Says Thank You To 7relos For This Useful Post:

Stonergasm (03-12-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rainyday View Post
    if you dont smoke cigs can e cigs get you addicted at all since there is a minimal amount of nic in some? im thinking about getting one cuz im taking a tolerance break and its going to be kindof hard not smoking weed
    Definatlty get one with out nic, even a little is too much, if you are not already a smoker, why chance getting addicted.
    Quote Originally Posted by 7relos View Post
    You can't get addicted to e-cigs... you can get addicted to nicotine, which you have the choice of putting in e-cigs, but he's talking about just substituting juice for tincture.
    I think e-cigs can still be addictive with out the nic, its still a habit, and habit's can be hard to break. I would not say that I am
    physically addicted to weed, but it's a habit of mine that sure would be hard to break

Thanks

On a side note, I found a recipe on another site, thanks to WildWill. Its basically the same thing I did, just cooked longer, and better explained.

This is the third batch of this stuff I've made, and by far the easiest.

WHAT YOU WILL NEED

Marijuana (Duh) - how much and what it is can be up to you. I use my "vapor poo" or the leftover material from my Volcano. Sometimes I throw shake in there too. You can leave in stems and it doesn't have to ground up all that much. Don't use less than 8 grams of material per 16 oz of glycerin though, otherwise you'll have a very weak mix.

Food-Grade Glycerin - This is typically sold in health food stores but can be purchased at Whole Foods or similar markets. 16 oz cost me just about $10 at Whole Foods, but honestly that was about 5 bucks too much. Make sure it's FOOD GRADE though, it will say on the label. 16 ounces of glycerin is enough for one nice batch.

A Crock Pot - We actually bought one TODAY at Target for 7 bucks, and it's a small version, which is perfect for this project. We have also bought a larger, older model for canna butter and other pot recipes.

Cheese Cloth - If you don't know what it is, ask your mom tell her you need to do some baking. You can get it at any supermarket.

A Rubber Band

Bottling Stuff - Small bottles with droppers are CHEAP at places like Cost Plus and Organize It.

OK here we go:

1. Pour your glycerin in the crock-pot
    2. Mix in marijuana material. The sticks in my picture are Vanilla Beans that I threw in for some flavor. You can try other things.
    3. Stir - you will need to stir periodically during the process, every hour or so. You can leave it over night, but the first thing you should do is stir it the next day.
    4. Cover, turn pot on low
    5. Leave in pot for several hours, however long is up to you, overnight is probably best, but a good 8 hour cure is all you really need.
    6. When you decide the time is right, turn off the pot and let the mixture cool, but don't let it get cold, it will be easier to pour if it's warm.
    7. Once the mixture is cooler, take your cheese cloth and RUBBER BAND it over your pouring container. I made the mistake of forgetting this step at first, very dumb.
    8. Strain your mixture through the cheese cloth, once it drains squeeze out as much of the liquid as you can, you can really get a lot out of it.
    9. BOTTLE!

A couple droppers under your tongue and you will be in a great place.

ENJOY!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 556 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mattyg View Post
    On a side note, I found a recipe on another site, thanks to WildWill. Its basically the same thing I did, just cooked longer, and better explained.

This is the third batch of this stuff I've made, and by far the easiest.

WHAT YOU WILL NEED

Marijuana (Duh) - how much and what it is can be up to you. I use my "vapor poo" or the leftover material from my Volcano. Sometimes I throw shake in there too. You can leave in stems and it doesn't have to ground up all that much. Don't use less than 8 grams of material per 16 oz of glycerin though, otherwise you'll have a very weak mix.

Food-Grade Glycerin - This is typically sold in health food stores but can be purchased at Whole Foods or similar markets. 16 oz cost me just about $10 at Whole Foods, but honestly that was about 5 bucks too much. Make sure it's FOOD GRADE though, it will say on the label. 16 ounces of glycerin is enough for one nice batch.

A Crock Pot - We actually bought one TODAY at Target for 7 bucks, and it's a small version, which is perfect for this project. We have also bought a larger, older model for canna butter and other pot recipes.

Cheese Cloth - If you don't know what it is, ask your mom tell her you need to do some baking. You can get it at any supermarket.

A Rubber Band

Bottling Stuff - Small bottles with droppers are CHEAP at places like Cost Plus and Organize It.

OK here we go:

1. Pour your glycerin in the crock-pot
    2. Mix in marijuana material. The sticks in my picture are Vanilla Beans that I threw in for some flavor. You can try other things.
    3. Stir - you will need to stir periodically during the process, every hour or so. You can leave it over night, but the first thing you should do is stir it the next day.
    4. Cover, turn pot on low
    5. Leave in pot for several hours, however long is up to you, overnight is probably best, but a good 8 hour cure is all you really need.
    6. When you decide the time is right, turn off the pot and let the mixture cool, but don't let it get cold, it will be easier to pour if it's warm.
    7. Once the mixture is cooler, take your cheese cloth and RUBBER BAND it over your pouring container. I made the mistake of forgetting this step at first, very dumb.
    8. Strain your mixture through the cheese cloth, once it drains squeeze out as much of the liquid as you can, you can really get a lot out of it.
    9. BOTTLE!

A couple droppers under your tongue and you will be in a great place.

ENJOY!

can anyone else confirm that this works before I try it and waste my weed? lol.

A few questions for you-

How many drops do you think would equal smoking a bowl pack?

You can also put this in baked goods, right?

Does it smell while it's cooking in the crockpot? I live in an apartment and my landlord lives upstairs/next to me and we share a wall with a door, not trying to get kicked out lol

"Whenever I see your name I always think of someone jerking off a bong and then bong water shooting out."
    ~Psychedelic

"This is ridiculous, I have a sickness. The grass is always greener, I said fuck it burn the picket fence"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stonergasm View Post
    can anyone else confirm that this works before I try it and waste my weed? lol.

A few questions for you-

How many drops do you think would equal smoking a bowl pack?

You can also put this in baked goods, right?

Does it smell while it's cooking in the crockpot? I live in an apartment and my landlord lives upstairs/next to me and we share a wall with a door, not trying to get kicked out lol
    I am no expert on this subject, I only did this the one time, and I only made a very little batch. I found that dudes recipe after, and it seems he uses his under his toung as was intended. I did try my stuff in my e-cig, I filled a boge carto, so I really have no idea how to compare drops to bowls, and puffed till I could no more, and I was stoned, it tasted like weed butter, I hate that taste. But I really don't think I vaped very much juice over all, and I only put a couple of g's with 1 oz or so of vg/pg, it seemed to me that, it could have really got me stoned many times with what I made, could not get past the taste, and my lungs have never really been a fan of pg/vg. So I ended up throwing it away, then I found out about dropping it under your toung. Supposably it only takes a few drops with a strong tintcure, I have never tried this. So you can definatly eat it, but I read somewhere that glycerin is less affective at absorbing thc than butter/fats, so I don't know what to tell ya.

I only made a little batch, and did it in a sealed mason jarl, so I could not smell anything. But I would imagine that a large batch in a crock pot would smell like cooking weed butter and that stinks(does not really smell like weed though), so it depends what your up to, I would guess.

I definatly recommend not wasting your weed, but if you have any scrap weed laying around, its worth a shot, see what you think, don't blame me if it don't work out though, I only made this tread to see if anyone else new anything about it, so if ya try it let us know how it all works out.
    Last edited by Mattyg; 03-15-2012 at 11:24 PM.

+ Reply to Thread